LionsGate is located in an older neighborhood of downtown Kennewick known as Amon’s Addition that was first platted in 1905. The lots were sold soon after advertised as “the prettiest part of the best town in Washington.” This is the oldest surviving church building in the Tri-Cities. The sanctuary, in the Cruciform style, was built by St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in 1908.
The church building was moved to Albany Avenue which was the original Kennewick Avenue in 1911 and the “first service after removal of church” was held on September 17, 1911. The little house next door was already on the property, having been built for the Rudkins in 1906, one of the first homes on the street.
Copyright © 2013 LionsGate Chapel | firstname.lastname@example.org | 509.582.2246